About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 1

I am 42 years old. I have struggled with weight my whole life, and have had ups and downs weight-wise, but in the past 5 years I have consistently hovered above 200. I am ready to face the big questions of why I use eating as a refuge, and I am still considering my weight goals, both short and long term. I know that losing weight in itself will not make me happy ... when I weighed 33% less than I do now I still did not like myself.
This blog will be pretty bare bones, at least at the beginning. Weight loss may not be fast, but I need accountability now! As I enter the 2nd part of my life, I am ready to break free of this weight trap.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Hey, this is a great start! I am turning 41 next month so I know the feeling. Stick with it... you WILL get there!

birchgirl said...

Thanks Lyn, thanks for posting!