About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day of Reckoning

So, I decided Friday would be weigh in day.
I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but my clothes had been feeling a little tight. Last year at this time I was about 205 lbs. The scale said 215. I was not just depressed, or disappointed. I was really scared when I saw that number. The sense of being out of control was overwhelming. Where will the weight gain stop?

Step #1 : Accountability. Blogging is a great way to achieve this. Thank God for technology. Also, I got the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone (free!), and am addicted to logging my foods. Although the weekend is not the easiest time to control food intake, I did pretty well by watching my portions. And today I am 214.

On myfitnesspal, I set my goal weight as 135. Pretty ambitious, but might as well dream big for the long term goal.

Short term, I want to lose 10 lbs by July 24, and fit into size 14 by August 31.

4 comments:

Overcoming Obesity said...

Congratulations on the 1 pound loss, great job. Tracking your food is huge, you will see such a difference when you realize what you are actually eating. Love your goals and hey, we should all dream big so keep your eye on the goal line. There will be times you feel like, this is it, no more and then you will look at what you have done and why you are doing this and you will keep going. I am looking forward to seeing all of your success!

Joy said...

So excited you have started your journey. Learn as much as you can, find "your" plan and be obedient to it, get your exercise in and drink lots of water. You will be amazed at the new doors that will open up for you. I know I am. I love what's happening in my life and everyday I learn something new about myself. I too look forward to seeing your success!! Hugs!

Melissa Edwards said...

Hey, I'll be 42 in two months, and am also facing this challenge. I'm on 344 Pounds forum and look forward to you starting your journey there and updating us regularly.

birchgirl said...

Thanks Melissa, I will look for you on the forum. Thanks Joy.