About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Feeling Positive

I am feeling much more in control today. Using myfitnesspal on iPhone has been really helpful. It makes me realize that controlling my food intake is so do-able. I am fortunate that I have never been much of a binger, but hey, when at every meal and snack you eat 50 percent more than you should, it adds up. It is a matter of sticking with it, even when it is boring and inconvenient.
I am not a terribly unhealthy eater, it is much more portion control. I absolutely do have room for improvement with what I eat, but for the first couple weeks I will be focusing on achieving calorie limits.
I have been exercising quite a bit ... run/walk at the track, weights at the fitness center, karate ... and it is great to see the exercise bump up my calorie allotment on myfitnesspal. I have been conservative with inputting exercise. I don't want to overestimate calories burned. Today I did not use all the extra calories from exercise, but I am definitely not hungry now.

No comments: