About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Self Doubt

I am almost 5 weeks into my weight loss quest. For the first time yesterday I had thoughts of self doubt. "I won't be able to lose this weight" Where do these thoughts come from? I am one pound away from my first goal (10 lbs). I had a bit of a weight gain over the weekend (I did indulge a bit), but no different from the previous three weekends. There are so many things I HAVE done in my life, of course I will be able to do this too.
I am sure these same thoughts were a factor in my previous (failed) weight loss attempts, but this is the first time I really made note of them. And blogged them. That is what makes this time different!

4 comments:

Joy said...

I think you are doing great!!! 9 pounds in 5 weeks, I would love that! (Some times I don't even lose weight in a month) The thing that keeps me motivated is, I have to remember that this is a life style, not a diet. I don't want this journey to be so ridged that I miss out on life. So sometimes I eat a little more than I need, or I can't get to the gym. It's OK, I just get back to it. Or sometimes I do everything right and I still don't lose weight. Well when that happens, I just pick myself back up, get back on track, or refocused or whatever I need to do and just keep going. The more you get into your routine the more it will become habit. You will not even recognize yourself in six months. I am not the same person I was six months ago. And in 6 more months...well who knows what changes I will have accomplished. Keep reading blogs. Pick people from my followers if you want. There are amazing people out there doing what you are doing. Nice thing is, you can see other people right where you are. See their struggles, their triumphs, their successes. Their stories can help get you through. It's amazing. Keep going girl...DON'T GIVE UP!! Hugs!

Allan said...

If I can do this, anyone can.... Do it for the kids, your future, the hubby.. Stay the course...

birchgirl said...

Thanks for the comments ... it is funny, I did not really consider giving up and just eating :) Just an odd fear that I was born to be fat! Think I was just tired this week, need a sleep in on Saturday for sure.

Ashley said...

You can do it! I found your blog through comments on Escape from Obesity, and it is so inspiring to find so many people like you out here working so hard toward health and happiness. :)