About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

That's Some High Quality H2O

Today is the day I start overcoming my resistance to drinking water. I have no idea why I find it so hard to consume water, it is ridiculous. I will start small, with a goal of 32 oz today.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Just keep at it, before you know it, you will start craving it. Happened to me! Hugs!

Allan said...

Water is easy. Get a case from WalMart or the supermarket. Figure 35 of the 17 ounce bottles are $4.00. Have one when you get up in the morning, immediately. Get yourself together normally, then have one more as you leave the house, take it with you. One for lunch and one for dinner and there you have 68 ounces, no pain, and so healthy

birchgirl said...

I have a procrastination problem with water, even when it is sitting right in front of me I just don't drink it. Don't know why, but like everything else it is just a habit. I won't buy bottled water .... I have plenty of reuseable bottles that I will take to work this week. At home today I used a glass (beer tasting glass) that is 6 oz. I filled it several times and guzzled it ... for some reason I am better at drinking lots of small amounts several times, rather than having a bottle in front of me. Right now our lunch room is under construction at work, which is the only place to get decent water. So I will bring my big bottle of water, and a 6 oz glass to refill from the big one. So far today I am at 36 oz, will drink one more to get to 42.