About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I Hate to Admit

I always brushed off diet advice involving stopping eating at a certain time in the evening. Why? Well, because I like to eat late at night of course! And the truth is I still don't really believe that it matters when you eat your food. If you eat 1500 calories during the day, and 200 of that is at 9, or whenever, it shouldn't matter.

Yet ... I do think weight comes off more easily when I don't eat after dinner (we eat late-ish, simply because of our work schedules). I really think it has more to do with accepting that there are limits, rather than the 100 calories I would like to eat after the kids are in bed.

I do want "something special" when the kids have gone to bed (again late-ish, that is just our habits), so I have been having a cup of hot tea. No calories, the heat is satisfying, and tea is not something I drink during the day.

Do you like to eat late at night?

No comments: