About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Well I have not been doing so well with blogging, but I have been doing well with tracking my calories. We switched to a new scale which weighs both my husband and me at .5 higher. Taking that into account I have lost 3.5 lbs in about 2 weeks. We always wish for more, but it is a start.

I have been really paying attention to whether I feel hungry. It is surprising how much less you can eat, and still feel fairly satisfied. I have reached my calorie limit for the day, and I am a *little* hungry but certainly not ravenous. And if I get ravenous, I will just go to bed!

No comments: