About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Well, this week the scale was not quite so kind, a few ups and downs, and yesterday I was at 210, a lb up from last week. However, I am learning alot about managing my food intake, and even a 5 lb (net) loss has me feeling better and more energetic. Today was a great day ... went to a friend's house to swim in the pool. My oldest son (who has some neurological problems and developmental delays) shocked us all by swimming in the deep end .. we had no idea he could, and I even tried to convince him he couldn't. LOL.
Last night we went to Don Pablo's my most favoritest Mex restaurant. I ate 6 tortilla chips, and relished them. I used to eat maybe 30? 1000 calories right there. I do enjoy food, and I am going to prove I can enjoy it in moderation and still lose weight.

No comments: