About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Committment is a Process

In the past 2 weeks I have not lost weight, in fact I have gained 2 pounds. I did not want to post this information ... as if hiding it (from myself) would make it not true.

But committment is a process, we have to re commit ourselves every day. I hereby recommit myself to losing weight. Sure it is great that I lost 10 lbs, but when you have a lot to lose the first 10 are super easy. How often have I lost 10 lbs, just to regain it PLUS 10 more. Well, let's see. Often enough to get from 135 to 215.

Now is not the time to give up. Tracking and controlling what I eat is actually getting easier. I believe I can do this.

3 comments:

Allan said...

In a sense, we should all be committed... Keep the faith

Aliana said...

Good for you for acknowledging and putting the committment out there!

Shane G. said...

I will tell you this, you have a ton of credibility with me already for one reason. You were honest. None of us would have ever known you not only didn't lose weight but did gain. YOu put that out there and were honest with us and yourself. That is going to wind up being a big breakthrough for you, you don't see it yet, but it is huge! Once you are willing to be completely honest about the things that you used to hide from, you gain the power from them. You are their master from that point forward.