About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dreaded Pictures



I figure I will want progress pictures for this weight loss journey so here is my first.

10 comments:

Vicki said...

I need to follow my progress via photos too. I think that will be big in keeping me motivated once I start seeing results!

Allan said...

You have a beautiful smile !!1

birchgirl said...

Actually my smile is so fat :)

Shane G. said...

I keep meaning to get a picture of me after my last weigh day. I will do it today now. Thanks Birchgirl.

Joy said...

Ack pictures...I'm not quite ready for that!!! Congrats on getting this done!!! You will be so happy!! (I kind of regret that I did not have photos from the beginning to see the progress - I will have to start soon) Hugs!

birchgirl said...

Well, a picture was kind of what started it all .. you know, how you don't really think you are "that fat" and then you see a picture of yourself. Yikes.

Allan said...

Stop with the negatives.. You are doing great !!!

birchgirl said...

I'm not feeling negative! It truly was a picture that kind of stopped me in my tracks, because it is easy to sort of blank out when you look in the mirror. The fat smile was a joke, really.
The pictures are more just to see progress. At 205 lbs, I actually think, "hey I don't look that bad!" Vanity would never drive me to lose weight. Feeling 60 when I am 42, yes. That was a motivator.

Traci said...

Good for you. Not sure if you did more, but I would suggest doing one of the front, side, back, and close up of the face too. Sometimes you can only see a difference in one of the photos, so it helps to get the full view. Even if it's just for yourself to see your progress.

birchgirl said...

Traci, good point, I need more light too I think. The iPhone is kind of junky except in super bright light.