About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Family that Brushes Together ...

I have 2 boys, ages 11 and 7. Like many kids that age, they think that brushing their teeth consists of putting a brush in their mouthes and chewing on it. This does not lead to good dental health. So now I brush my teeth when they brush theirs at their bedtime. They mimic me and brush longer. And since I don't eat after they go to bed, I might as well brush then. Right? Right!

3 comments:

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss said...

I brush alongside my stepson sometimes. I use an electric toothbrush that buzzes at 2 minutes - and he's always shocked how long it is vs his rapid-style toothbrush chewing!

I saw your blog linked from someone else & was drawn to it, because I just turned 42!

Aliana said...

My daughter is 7, and getting her to brush her teeth is torture sometimes! But, good thinking, she will if I am with her, I should just brush mine then too.

birchgirl said...

Aliana, the plus is now I actually floss. I used to be super rigourous about flossing and then got too "busy" ... yeah that is ridiculous. But now since I am wide awake after brushing, I floss & rinse with orange listerine. I love that!