About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vacation Damage

Last Friday, I weighed in and was at a new low ... 202.5. This past week we spent at the beach in Delaware. I did not count calories but did not gorge either. I bypassed many of the staples of previous vacations ... sweet rolls & muffins at the breakfast buffets, daily ice cream cones, etc. I did indulge in a nightly drink at dinner, mostly wine, but one margarita at a place where the margaritas are awesome! Split french fries with my kids at a couple of meals. Tomorrow I will see what I gained, if anything. I am not worried about it though, I have no doubt I will be right back on track.