About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Biscotti

I have already given up on Allan's challenge to post twice per day. It just isn't me, and I am too old to do stuff that isn't me. I am glad other people do it though, because it gives me reading material.
On the plus side, I am now 1 lb away from my next goal, which will be 20 lbs lost.
And I want to give myself special credit for resisting the "healthy" biscotti at my favorite Italian store. I stopped there for olive oil and nuts, super cheap in bulk.
Some people can't resist ice cream, potato chips, whatever.
For me is it biscotti. Oh those dry crumbly pieces of heaven with coffee or wine.
But alas, not on my plan, no matter how much oatmeal or dried cranberries are in them.

4 comments:

Shane G. said...

really? I have tried biscotti on several occasions throughout my life. Never liked it, apparently never will. Of course that may be because I have only had them coming from wrappers, but no good experience yet! Great job on avoiding the biscotti!

birchgirl said...

A lot of people hate them, it is an acquired taste I guess. I hate creamy desserts, but like dry bready desserts. To each his own I guess!

Christine said...

I am SO freaking jealous of your soreness. It's called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and is something to be sought after and highly prized! I'm VERY jealous! :-)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Glenn, Fat at Fifty-five said...

I'm with you on biscotti. I love to do a little dunk in my coffee cup. Good for your for passing them by!