About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cold Season is Here

Last week was freakin' awesome in two respects
1. I met my 2nd mini goal, 20 lbs lost!
2. Went to Open House at my older son's new school. It is a school for kids with language learning disabilities, he is 11. After a horrendous experience in the school in the local district, this school is working out SO well. The teachers love him, he loves it. He works hard, and has responsibilities. He is being the kid I always knew he was. Relief does not even begin to cover how I feel. It is like I have been carrying a huge weight (maybe 80 lbs, LOL) for the past 6 years, and now I have hope that it will lift.

On the down side, I had a phlegmy cough all week, finally went to the doctor because I have a history of pneumonia. My lungs are fine, it may be a sinus infection. Now I caught my son's cold on top of it. Yuck. It has put a damper on my exercise for sure.

No comments: