About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Eat Clean

Just read through Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet Recharged, and loved it. I know a lot of you are familiar with "Eating Clean", and I am too, but I always hated the literature out there on it. Most books make it sound like a punishment, hers make it sound like a wonderful opportunity. Most books give lots of numbers about body composition etc, which frankly I don't give a rat's ass about.

I ate (mostly) "clean" yesterday... it was not much of a stretch, since a lot of the really bad stuff I had mostly given up anyway in the interest of counting calories.
I have not given up on counting calories. Never give up what works! But I will do the two in conjunction. While I have been losing weight at exactly my goal pace, I still don't feel as "good" as I would like.

After one day of eating according to this plan I feel more energetic, and I am two pounds away from my goal weight for Sept 24. 197.5, for a total of 18 lbs lost. My jeans are starting to slide off me, and I will be ready for size 14 soon. I had been heading straight for size 18.

I am doing this!

No comments: