About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hot 100

Joining in the Hot 100.

Here are my 3 goals for 2010.

1. Achieve total loss of 40 lbs, to reach 175 by December 31st.

2. Eat Clean 90% of the time.

3. Work out with trainer to go from 41% body fat to 33% body fat (I don't know if this reasonable).

Check out Hot 100 !

7 comments:

Shane G. said...

Welcome to the Hot 100 Birchgirl!! I like your goals. the body fat one is the only one I would think may be lofty and even that I don't know. but I am a big believer in setting high goals for challenges like this.

Just Me said...

Follower #13 here. Glad you joined the Hot 100 Challenge. Looking forward to watching you achieve your goals and supporting and encouraging each other.

birchgirl said...

Shane, it sounds lofty, but may not be .... I have a meeting with my trainer on Monday, I will ask him. He has claims of clients that lost lots of body fat quick. I think it depends on the commitment to working out and eating clean.

Last Friday I was 198 lbs, at 41% body fat, that is 81 lbs of fat (yikes!)

If I lose 20 lbs and am 33% body fat, that would be 57 lbs of fat .... still alot! I would be losing 24 lbs of fat, and gaining 4 lbs of muscle. I think my math is right! But it doesn't sound so crazy when put that way.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Excellent goals!! I'm following and can't wait to keep track with you! I'll get caught up on your blog later, wish you well!

Rock Paper Tree said...

Yeah for this Hot 100 challenge!!
I really like your goals. I think adding a trainer will bring you great rewards. Good Luck!

The Fat Mom said...

Welcome to the Hot 100 Challenge! If your trainer believes you can drop that much body fat, then go for it! If they believe it isn't safely possible, then you can always change your goal. Do whatever is safe!

Good luck....and I'll check back to see how you are doing!

Dawn said...

Good luck with your goals...I'm doing the Hot 100 challenge also.