About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Numbers

But I don't eat that much! How many times have you heard/said that? Well the truth is that at 42 years old, I don't need to eat that much to stay at 202 lbs. The BMR calculator says 1646 calories for my height/weight/age.
I know the BMR calculator is not 100% accurate, and does not take into account exercise. That is not the point. Especially as we age, it does not take many calories to stay overweight. It is pretty easy to eat 1700 calories, approx, without eating junk food, and without gorging.
That is just the facts. Facts that are conveniently forgotten.

More numbers : my waist is 41 inches, my hips are 45 inches.

I had a good eating and exercise day yesterday. The scale says 202, still, but I plan to see 200 by end of the week.

2 comments:

Aliana said...

Me too! We are neck and neck. Was 201 last Friday...but haven't checked the scale after the weekend I had...

Vicki said...

You're right. I keep forgetting I can't eat like I could when I was younger. Man do I hate that. I love food! I hope you get a 2o2 on your next weigh in!!