About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Slippery Slope

No net gain or loss this week. Although I did not have extraordinary slipups this past week, I did not adhere to my plan as I should have. Although I did not gain weight, I feel that I am poised on that slippery slope where I just throw in the towel. Not with lots of drama ... just quietly going back to old habits.
So I have to focus on the question : Do I really want to be fat? Do I want to live, and eventually die, this way?
If I don't do what I need to do to lose weight, then the answer is "yes".

It was an unusually stressful week ... kids going back to school, including older son starting a new school for kids with disabilities. He now has a 10 hour day, including 1 hour commute each way. He is a trooper about it, and upbeat.

That week is now in the past. This week is new, and I am starting off strong today. 320 calories so far, including some veggies.

Also, I joined a 10,000 step a day challenge at work. Yesterday I had approx 10 K steps, including my typical workout at the track.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sorry about your stressful week and I hope it gets better. Wow 10,000 steps is great.. You did great..