About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Eminem; Calories; Check Mark

Here are 3 things that made me happy today.

1. I am really digging the song "Love the way you lie" by Eminem and Rihanna. I love finding new music that I like.
2. My calories were right on target today, coming in around 1420 calories, plus I burned about 270 at the gym, for a net of 1200. I drank 64 oz of water, although it was not easy, as it is not a habit for me.
3. At my son's school, they are given check marks for negative behaviors, and check marks for good behaviors (on different papers). Today he received a "good" mark for helping another boy with math. I am feeling very positive about the decision we made to switch schools.

3 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Excellent on your calories and exercise. i need to make one of those tally sheets with the check mark! Looks like you would get a check in the good behaviour today!!

Shane G. said...

great day indeed Birch! Congrats on your son's success too!

Dawn said...

Keep doing your thing. I love Eminem!