About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday : The Crappy and the Happy

Good morning all.

It has been a mixed bag kind of week.

Crappy:
1. Work was a struggle. It just seemed like all my projects took a major dump on themselves.
2. Yesterday I had an awful headache.
3. I have been weirdly bloated for no clear reason.
4. I did not meet my water goal yesterday.
5. I am really sore from leg workout, as in hard to bend and sit on the toilet.

Happy:
1. It is Friday!
2. I met my calorie goals each day.
3. My guitar lessons are going well. I might actually play a song soon.
4. I love Halloween. We always have candy in the house and I never eat it, so that is no big deal to me.
5. Today I weighed at 189. Probably 1st time below 190 in over 7 years.

Hot 100:
1. Lose 40 lbs total by Christmas. I can still do this, but it won't be easy! I have 14 lbs to go. Ideally I will be very close to 180 by end of November, to reach 175 by Dec 31.
2. Get down to 33% body fat. Trainer will pinch my fat next week.
3. Eat clean 90% of the time. More or less this is true. I have tweaked my plan but did not post about it yet.

Enjoy the Halloween weekend!

Cathy

4 comments:

Vee and the Kid said...

I'm VERY sure you can get to your weight goal by Christmas. Keeping up with your water will help your liver process fat instead of helping your kidneys process, well, the other!

My week was good and bad too. Here's to better weeks next week!

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Oh, I so get the crappy/happy deal!! Here's to more happy next week!

Keep it up and stay positive!

betternexttime said...

Do-able but challenging is the best way to set your weight loss goals, I think! You can get through those 14 pounds!

I've had my own crappy and happy week - definitely time for the weekend!! Happy Friday!

Mind Over Fatter said...

Congrats on the 189! I hope to be there in a week. And you can definitely meet the goal. My goal for Hot 100 was 180 but I'll go for 175 with you if you like, let me know!!!

http://mymindoverfatter.blogspot.com/