About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Treats

Well, Halloween is over, and I had two official treats.

1. I ate a chocolate caramel candy on Friday, after I f'ed up a project. It was for decorative purposes only -- Rob Pattinson on the wrapper, on whom I have a adolescent-like crush. I ate the decor.

2. A mini biscotti today, about 45 calories. It had oatmeal & such in it, but sugar of course, which is not on plan.

When we came in from trick or treating I had a powerful urge to snack. Not on candy, but on savory treats and wine, as that had been our post trick or treat tradition in the past.

Alas, this year, a handful of homemade roasted pumpkin seeds sufficed.

Do I miss our old tradition? Hell YEAH. In fact, when I think about what indulgences I will have after reaching my goal, there are few that seem worth it. But next Halloween, I will be having a glass of wine, and a salty cheesy (portioned) snack.

1 comment:

Thrice Blessed said...

Well, you did better than I did!