About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hang in there

When I first started counting calories, I had a 1500 calorie limit. That seemed SO low. I really had trouble sticking to it, and often did not. I still lost weight, because even a little bit of calorie counting helps when you are 215 lbs.

It has gotten so much easier. Today I had 500 calories left at 7 o'clock. I ate some hummus and whole grain crackers, and egg and cottage cheese. Getting to 1440 now takes work!

I am not saying that I will never go over my calorie limit again, or that every situation will be easy. But if you are just starting out, and it seems really difficult to not go over calorie-wise, stick to it. It is all just habit, and as your habits change, you will too!

Sorry no cute picture of a kitten to go with my title :(

3 comments:

Julie said...

You are so right. It gets easier but not every day. You are doing so well. Keep up the great work.
Take care and God Bless!!!

Shane G. said...

I could have written this exact same post! I started off at 2000 though and then started taking it down to til I am at 1500 now. And like you, I actually rarely make the 1500 nowadays. It is amazing to think how after my last snack, of the day, I just got to the calorie count for the day that I used to get in one Burger King meal!!

Christine said...

It does get easier, it's true! I'm glad that your journey is getting easier as you go along.
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net