About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Numbers, again

I have lost 2 inches from my waist since I first measured, going from 41 inches to 39. I don't really measure anywhere else, mostly because I don't feel like I know what I am doing. The belly button is hard to miss, so the waist measurement is difficult to screw up. Also, I figure if I am losing weight in my waist, I am probably losing it other places.
In 16 weeks I have lost 24 pounds, which is exactly 1.5 lbs per week average, my goal. Of course I did not lose exactly 1.5 lbs each and every week. I gained only once, after vacation, and maintained other weeks. But still, I have to say I am pretty satisfied with my efforts so far.
I weigh every day, but moving forward I am only going to update myfitnesspal 1) on Fridays no matter what, to keep me accountable and 2) any other time I have a loss, because it is never a bad time to gloat!
My long term goal fits neatly into one year, at 1.5 lbs loss per week average I can reach approx 138 lbs by July 1, 2011. I felt like I was destined to be fat, but now I believe that victory in the war against fat is mine to be had. I know it will not get easier, and there are plateaus lurking ahead, but for each problem, there is a solution, although the solution may be hard to swallow, literally and figuratively.

5 comments:

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Two inches lost. Great news!

Raych said...

I love those days when I just feel like I can do anything :)

Great job on the 2 inches!

-Raych
http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

Allan said...

AWESOME !!!!!!!

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

No one is destined to be fat. TRUE.

I used to believe this fallacy. It's nothing but a bunch of jive.

You are doing this. You are proving you can do this. GO YOU!!!!

Vee said...

Wow. You're doing great. I'm pea green with envy. Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com