About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Overweight, at last

Well, one day late, but today I reached my goal of 191, which officially takes me out of the obese category, and into the overweight.
When I told my husband that, he said "what?" because he really didn't know I was "obese". And in all honesty I really did not feel obese. Partially because of the unfortunate number of morbidly obese people in America, but also because I never felt like I was not able to do daily stuff. For example, I would read that someone my age/weight/height was not able to play with their kids. That was never true for me. I would play with the kids, run and walk at the track, do karate. I was also very fortunate to have good numbers with cholesterol, etc. But, at 42 years old, my luck could run out any day.
So although obesity was not ruining my life in an obvious way, I am more than glad to have it behind me. I may see 192 again this week, but never again after that
Now, I am going to recind my decision to not buy perfume. I reached 191 AND I have a 10% off card for Target. That my friends, is fate.

3 comments:

Mind Over Fatter said...

Great achievement!

Tami said...

Congratulations to you! I found you through the Hot 100 challenge. Bravo to you on your weight loss.

Is that new perfume I smell?

Julie said...

YEAH!!!! You did great. I knew you would make it. I'm hoping for 195 on Monday.
What kind of perfume did you get?
Keep up the great work.
Take care and God Bless!!