About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Perception vs Reality

This is a hectic weekend.
I drove to Hazleton, PA from Pittsburgh on Thursday, and back again, to bring my mom and aunt out for a visit. My dad died in 2009, and my mom (who is 81) does not drive.
I was very proud of myself on Thursday for sticking to my eating plan through a 10 hour drive. I packed a cooler of healthy snacks, so I would not have to eat junk at the rest stops.... a non fat misto at starbucks sufficed. I woke up to a good weight on Friday.
Now I am feeling that I jacked up Friday night. But did I? I had a 1/2 glass of white wine, with my aunt. I had homemade whole wheat veggie pizza, which I have every Friday. I had 1/4 of a raisin cookie, and I think that is what is really bothering me! No, raisin cookies are not on my plan, but I am usually not the self flagellating type, and far from a perfectionist. So why is the raisin cookie buggin'? The perception that I really fell off the proverbial wagon does NOT match reality. By documenting it here, I hereby let it go.

No comments: