About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Protein Powder : an abomination upon the Earth

My trainer has been nagging me to eat more protein at breakfast, and to try protein powder. So I broke down and bought chocolate soy protein. I tried it in oatmeal yesterday. Yuck. So today I mixed it in almond milk, and I thought I would puke.

Is there anyway to make this stuff palatable? I am only using 1/2 scoop for now. I like real food, but I have a hard time getting the kind of protein at breakfast he recommends. I just have no appetite for it. I have no problem telling him FUGEDDABOUTIT! But I thought it was worth a try.

1 comment:

Mind Over Fatter said...

I make a protein smoothie every day. I use strawberry whey protein powder, fresh strawberries, raspberries, 1/2 a banana, some water with 2 tsp crushed flaxseed - very yummy and filling!