About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Questionnaire

Found this on Shrinking Kenz's site, and liked it.

1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight?

My highest recorded weight was 215.5, but there were many years where I did not weigh myself. I weigh 193 right now. My goal is 138-143.

2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?

I want to feel good, and look good. I want to do something extraordinary in a world full of mediocre.

3. Have you always been overweight?

I started getting "chubby" around 4th grade. I was very heavy (probably > 215 lb) my sophomore year of college. I lost a lot of weight in grad school, and my lowest weight then was 135. I have been thin maybe a total of 2 years of my adult life. But when I was "slightly overweight" for many years, I still felt pretty good.

4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going?

I am 42. I don't have forever to resolve this.

5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?

Getting a tattoo!

6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?

Yes! From husband and friends.

7. What is your favorite exercise?

I need the weights, but I love walking/running at the track with my iPod. I feel free.

8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?
Most of the things we think are "true" are not.

9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?

I have given up sugar, for the most part and don't miss it. I gave up diet pepsi (have one per week), and I miss that at work.

10. What is your strategy for losing weight?
Eat clean. Watch Calories. Exercise like I mean it.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey I like this and I am going to do it on my blog. I have an award for you over on my blog. Keep up the good work..

Rock Paper Tree said...

Thanks for sharing this. I think it would be a good focusing tool for me to think about these things.
I'm curious about what kind of tattoo you'd get! And I love your strategy for losing weight!

birchgirl said...

As for the tattoo, I am thinking a birch leaf, maybe on shoulder blade ... I don't know anything about tattoos, except that now everyone and their grandmother has one.