My goal was to be 191 today, which would put me out of the obese category, technically. Instead I am 192, which is 1 lb down from last week. So I am foregoing my "reward" of new perfume, and instead focusing on my new goal, which is to be 188 by Oct 31. When I reach 185, I will reward myself, no matter what date I hit it.
1. Eat Clean 90% of the time. If I had done this, I would be 191 (I was 191.5 yesterday). Enough said.
2. Lose a total of 40 lbs by Dec 31. No reason this still cannot happen.
3. Get down to 33% body fat. Although I had an "eh" week with food, I had a really excellent exercise week. I worked my metaphorical ass off, although my literal ass remains firmly in place. Including really tough karate workout, several times on treadmill, walking at the track, roller skating, cycling, and of course working out with weights.
I cannot be really specific with dates, but it has been a LONG time since I was below 190, definitely before my younger son was born, and he is 7. So it will be a huge milestone for me to move into the 180's. I have to say I don't "feel" obese anymore. Most days I feel pretty damn good in fact, which was my number one motivation for weight loss.
- Cathy Yonek
- Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.