About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Right Direction, but Goal Unmet and Hot 100

My goal was to be 191 today, which would put me out of the obese category, technically. Instead I am 192, which is 1 lb down from last week. So I am foregoing my "reward" of new perfume, and instead focusing on my new goal, which is to be 188 by Oct 31. When I reach 185, I will reward myself, no matter what date I hit it.


Hot 100

1. Eat Clean 90% of the time. If I had done this, I would be 191 (I was 191.5 yesterday). Enough said.
2. Lose a total of 40 lbs by Dec 31. No reason this still cannot happen.
3. Get down to 33% body fat. Although I had an "eh" week with food, I had a really excellent exercise week. I worked my metaphorical ass off, although my literal ass remains firmly in place. Including really tough karate workout, several times on treadmill, walking at the track, roller skating, cycling, and of course working out with weights.

I cannot be really specific with dates, but it has been a LONG time since I was below 190, definitely before my younger son was born, and he is 7. So it will be a huge milestone for me to move into the 180's. I have to say I don't "feel" obese anymore. Most days I feel pretty damn good in fact, which was my number one motivation for weight loss.

7 comments:

Allan said...

Close counts a lot and the effort is there. Soon... Patience, stay the course !!

Julie said...

23, that's my number. I'm your 23rd follower and I'm coming from Steve's Hot 100. 197, that's me for that past 2 weeks, I'm hoping for something grand on Monday but we'll see. It's not cuz I'm not trying.
You are doing so great, I am proud to have found you and all your challenges and changes. Keep up the great work.
I'll be back to check on you. Take care and God Bless!

Waisting Time said...

Some weeks I can exercise and eat well, some weeks it seems to be only one or the other. Sigh. You are making great progress:)

Mind Over Fatter said...

Your doing great and your honesty is applaudable. Keep going strong.

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

ONE more pound? Did you poo before you weighed? Ha ha. It's only a matter of time. You are doing AWESOME!

Michele said...

Congrats on being less than 190. That is a milestone! I am looking forward to seeing that NUMBER (and soon, I hope)!. Also kudos for keeping your exercise going. You rock last week with it! Michele

fatgirlwearingthin said...

With all the change-ups you do in your exercise routine, you've GOT to be building tons of muscle I would think. I've gotta say how impressed I am especially with Karate! And rollerskating? You rock. I am such a creature of habit. On the treadmill; off the treadmill; on the treadmill; at least I went to the library today and got some dvd's I've never even heard of. I'm going to try one of those in the AM and see if I can get excited about my program again.
Enjoying your blog :)