About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Smoothie Success

Taking advice from yesterday, I used soy protein powder in a smoothie this morning. I was avoiding that because I hate cleaning the stupid blender.
It was good! I used 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 scoop powder, 1/2 banana, 3/4 cup mixed frozen fruit. That plus oatmeal and wheat germ was a VERY Filling breakfast. More calories than I usually allot for breakfast, but it kept me full a long time, so I will eat less calories during the day. And, my trainer should be happy with my protein intake.

5 comments:

Julie Lost and Found said...

Sounds good. Did you put the oatmeal and wheat germ in the smoothie?

birchgirl said...

Julie, No, I ate the oatmeal and wheat germ separately.

Christine said...

Sounds good! You can try vanilla protein shake powder with some fresh fruit (or frozen berries) thrown in, too. Yummers!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Mind Over Fatter said...

Sounds good, I hated the blender to so I got a majic bullet for Christmas last year - it's perfect for smoothies!

Call Me Ishmael said...

Yum, sounds very filling. I tried protein smoothies for breakfast but seems I'm genetically programmed to feel hungry again in minutes if I "drink" my breakfast.