About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Struggle

The same thing is happening as the last time I met a mini goal. I am "stuck" --- this time hovering around 195-196.
As with last time, I need to ask myself, Do I want to be fat, or not? There really is no in between.
I can still meet my next mini goal if I start making progress now. If I drag on like this a few more days, I will not.

2 comments:

Shane G. said...

have done anything to shock your system? Maybe a couple of extra hard cardio days. I am guessing your body has become more efficient and you may need to piss it off to get to the next level. I am no expert, just trying to float ideas that may click for you.

Christine said...

Ah, the terrible plateau! Don't let it stop you. You can try busting through a plateau by: (1) cutting carbs, (2) doing a few days of seriously ass-kicking cardio, (3) increasing your protein amounts, and (4) as a last resort, trying adding more healthy fats than you normally would (think avocados, fish, nuts, cheese). Try one or all of these things to encourage your body to drop the pounds!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net