About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Too many cooks spoil the broth

I posted today about how I am stuck in neutral, and a couple of people gave some helpful comments, which I appreciate.
However, I don't really think I hit a plateau yet.
I did a dumb thing ... changed what was working.
I had been counting calories, and transitioning to a "clean" diet as well.
When I started working with a trainer, he recommended his eating plan, which is also "clean" but he recommends a LOT of protein, and more calories than I am really comfortable with.
Anyway, I kind of wavered between his plan and mine, ended up getting really pissy one night because I was shoving so much protein into me, and then did not track well at all.
So, to sum up, I am back to my original plan. I know I will need to tweak it at some point, and I am tracking grams of protein/fat/carbs through myfitnesspal,so I can make adjustments as needed.
My trainer looks awesome and I believe he (mostly) knows what he is talking about, but for now his exact plan is not right for me.

Also got some good cardio in tonight, and starting to feel verrrrrry sleeeeepy.

1 comment:

Shane G. said...

Hey that is part of the journey. Just figuring it out for you! Glad we were able to help you!