About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Welcome to my Pity Party

Went over my calorie goals today, via a bit of a feeding frenzy on baba ghanouj and pita.
I was indulging in some self pity today. It has been a hard week, and unfortunately work was a bit of cluster today as it has been all week. Nothing really earth shattering, just not the smoothest week.
Also, when I meet a "round number" goal, such as 200 or 190 I have needed to give myself a stern talking to ----do I want this, or not? There is no in between.

I am planning to stick to 1200 calories per day for the remainder of the week. It is not that I think pita will be my doom, but I don't want to get sloppy about this either.

I am going to finish up my water and go to bed soon. We have karate tomorrow, and I am still so damn stiff from my leg workout that I am dreading it a little.

1 comment:

Thrice Blessed said...

Sorry you've had a rough week, but I'm glad to hear that you are sticking with it and not giving up.

Hope your karate goes well tomorrow, do some stretching for those legs!