About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving is all wrapped up.

Woke up at 182.5, which was awesome.

Breakfast : 1/2 Hearty Grain bagel, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 tsp natural peanut butter (about 320 calories)

Snacks : cashews, a few veggie chips, cocktail shrimp, cheese and whole grain crackers, raw veggies and hummus

Dinner : turkey and gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean salad, stuffing (1 plateful). Went back for a bit more stuffing. Small slice of apple pie, and small serving of pistachio ice cream.

About 12 oz white wine over the course of the day.

About 3 jelly belly jelly beans (kids had late night snack of toast, popcorn, pretzel sticks and jelly beans a la Charlie Brown Thanksgiving).

Ended the day at the gym, worked on arms and shoulders, plus a little bit on the treadmill.

The good news is I feel completely satisfied as far as Thanksgiving food goes. There are leftovers, but I won't be eating them. It is pretty damn uncomfortable to eat a big meal when you are used to so much less. Back to plan tomorrow.

No comments: