About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

No complaints here.

Well, I am finishing up DDD challenge at 187. My goal was 186, but I am still happy with 187.
Math was my strong subject in school, yet I had to sit down to figure out that if I stay at exactly the same rate of loss that I have had since June 26, I will be exactly where I want to be on Dec 31. That rate is 1.5 lbs per week, so it is not excessively high.
As of Friday there were 56 days left in 2010, 8 weeks.
If I lose 1.5 lbs per week, that is 12 lbs, which gets me exactly to 175.
Even if I only lose 1 lb per week, I am still at 179, and getting to the 170's would be super sweet.

I am exactly 28 lbs down and if I lose 28 more lbs I will be at 159, which takes me out of the overweight category, so I am halfway there.

I am a little fuzzy on my final goal. Before I got married I weighed 135, which is in the lower half of standard healthy range for my height. However, with muscle mass from weight training, I think I could be more fit and look better with even a few pounds more than that. I am thinking a range of 135 - 142 seems reasonable.

4 comments:

Jo said...

It is a great feeling to leave "overweight" and move into "normal." It happened to me a few days ago. Mind you, I am still at the high end of "normal," but moving in the right direction.
Let's keep on keeping on!

Dawn said...

Your doing great. It's such a great feeling to be in that normal catogory and you are almost there. :)

Christine said...

Congrats! You're doing fabulously. As for the final goal weight...keep it reasonable, but go ahead and dream big. I like the "range" idea you are employing. Keep up the good work!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Losing It said...

You are doing awesome!!! keep up the great work!