About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rotten Week ; Belated Hot 100

What an awful week.
I had increasing stomach pain as the week went on, and I finally tied it to the soy protein I have been putting in my smoothie each morning. Soy can cause stomach problems for some people. So I will be foregoing the smoothie for now. I may try whey protein in a couple of weeks, but I will probably stick to 2 or 3 protein smoothies per week, instead of daily.
Work was frustrating.
I have barely been drinking water.
Yesterday I started coming down with a cold.
Not only have I not posted, I haven't been reading posts. It was just one of those weeks where you get sick of everything.

I missed my Hot 100 update, but since I am not doing it for a prize, I will continue tracking this until the end of the year.

1. Lose 40 lbs by Dec 31. I hit a new low of 186 on Friday. Since I was not feeling well, it did not give me the "feel good" rush. Today I am up a horrible 3 lbs after going to a makeup party last night and eating a bunch of dips. I know it is not real weight, but still. So not worth it.
2. Body fat - I think getting to 33% body fat by the end of the year is not likely, but I have dropped from 41% to 38.69%, so going in the right direction.
3. Eat Clean. Eh. I am doing ok with this. I am bored with what I am eating. I need to put a little effort into creating some variety in my diet while following the plan.

So there it is. Today I will stick to my calorie limit, and get in my water quota.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I have had those types of weeks also. Good for you with sticking to the Hot 100. I hope this week is better for you.

Maude said...

Don't let it get you too down! I'm glad you figured out what the tummy trouble was so quick. Maybe it's time to buy yourself a new cookbook or get a subscription to a cooking magazine with some new reciepes. Don't let yourself get so bored that you start impulse buying things that aren't good for you. I hope this week is better!

Michele said...

Cheer up! You are still making progress on your journey. You will feel better soon and be ready to rock on!