About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A dancer, I ain't

At karate today, I stepped on my own foot, and severely injured my 4th toe! I don't think it is broken, but it is bruised and black and blue, and hurts like hell. It turns out that 4th toe does come in handy for walking! If I had gotten injured sparring, it would have been a badge of honor. Stepping on yourself? Not so much.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I injured my 4th toe a year ago. I also thought it was not broken. But found out later it was. Because I did not take care of it it does trouble me some when I exercise hard. So, be careful with that toe-you may have broke it.

Julie said...

Hi Michelle. Thank you for helping me. I don't have a trainer, in fact no one to show me anything at the gym so I'm just learning. I've been drinking water but will have some milk and a banana before I head out tomorrow morning. Brenda said she'd pack a hard boiled egg and oj to eat midway through our work out if we need it. I didn't know I could feel so crappy for so long for not eating right while exercising. I'm learning. Thank you for taking the time to teach. I just read a bunch of what I've missed and you are doing so well. You started out 10 lbs less then me and about at the same goals as I am. Now that's cool. I love looking at your pictures. Great body my dear. You sure can see all that hard work, working.
Take care and God Bless!!

Julie said...

Well your not michelle but .... well I screwed up that part, the rest is right. To many windows opened I think. Again thanks for helping me out. :o)