About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Failure to Plan

Is planning to fail, as they say.
I have been diligent about tracking my food through myfitnesspal, but not so diligent about planning ahead for the day, and therefore going over the calorie limit I need to hit to lose weight at my goal rate. I will still probably lose weight, even with what I am eating, but too slow for my tastes.

This problem is easy enough to address, and I will, and I am!

I took the day off to spend some time by myself ... I don't get much of that, and boy oh boy. I love it!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Oooh what are you going to do with your day off? Sounds fabulous!

birchgirl said...

@Christine, a little bit of cleaning, a little bit of cooking, a little bit of paperwork, a little bit of napping! It doesn't sound like fun, but I actually like cleaning, when I am by myself with no distractions.

Raych said...

You can do it!!! So lucky to take a day off, I can't wait till finals are over and I can do the same.