About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Regroup

Regrouping is what I am doing.
I am not starting fresh, because I don't believe in that. Sure every day is a new day, but there are no clean slates, in my experience.
I have been holding steady at 182 for the past week, but losing mojo. I don't want to fizzle out in this last month of 2010. I have lost 33 lbs in 5 months, and am fairly pleased with that, but will not be satisfied to just be in a hold pattern until 2011. If I do not reach my goal of 40 lbs lost by Dec 31, I can live with it, but I KNOW I can at least get to the 170's.

My malaise has really nothing to do with the holidays (except maybe that the holidays bum me out a little lately). I think it is just boredom, winter weather, and so on.

Last night, I went to the gym and worked out on the treadmill, in a pretty intense session. That was a good move, because it energized me. And although I went over calories for the day, I ate a lot of raw veggies last night, with very low cal eggplant dip, and that refreshed me, because I have been lacking in the veggie department lately. My brother in law is visiting and we had a lot of laughs with him, and that was fun.

Today I woke up and had a whey protein shake. I am committing myself to make progress in December. Commitment is a process.

No comments: