About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

1 Pound to go; Biggest Loser

To my first big goal of 40 lbs lost.

When I stood on the scale today and saw 176.5 I almost did a little dance.
We were going to go today to a huge Asian buffet. My husband and sons love it, but I am fairly "eh" on it. Saturday is our restaurant day, and we take turns picking. I always pick a place with margaritas because booze is my indulgence of choice. My younger son picks Hokkaido.

Well, I really don't want to go to a buffet, where I know I will eat too much, EVEN though none of the food really excites me. So I am bowing out. Now how cool would it be to reach 40 lbs lost this Monday? Pretty damn cool.

I joined a Biggest Loser contest at work. For 12 weeks we weigh on Mondays. Whoever loses the biggest % of their own weight wins the money. It is not a ton of money, but sure, I would like to win! The first week everyone lost weight, because let's face it, dropping a couple pounds after the holidays is like falling off a log. The second week, I was the only one to lose. While I wish everyone luck, naturally I wish myself the most.

My toe is finally feeling better, and my progress on the treadmill is going well. I only run a total of a few minutes per session, but I have a plan for increasing my time, and my goal is to be running 30 minutes straight by the end of April. Then I can start working on joining my first 5K.

So, this is a positive post. An antidote to this unholy cold weather ....

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Ya, buffets are not your friend when you are trying to lose weight. I hate the way I feel after the buffet, which used to be our favorite place to go. Good for you for bowing out, stay home, work out, eat healthy and see some awesome results!

birchgirl said...

I only want to go to buffets now if they are fabulous, and those are few and far between. I do have small indulgences on the weekend, but large amounts of crappy faux Asian food don't fit the bill. Maybe a little treat at Barnes and Noble .....

Maude said...

Congrats on your great weigh-in! Great choice on skipping the buffet. They're rarely worth it.

Shabby Chic Mom- Susie said...

wow almost 40 LBS!!! Congrats!! Enjoy the buffet :) I'm sure you'll make great choices!