About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Dieters Plan, the Scale Laughs

Yesterday I was 176.5, so I thought it was in the realm of possibility to reach 175.5 today, which would be 40 lbs lost.

So I ate low cal, drank water, exercised.

Today ... ta da! I am 178.5

Now I understand the scale fluctuates from day to day, and it probably results from some bodily function, or lack thereof. But for some reason I find it funny!

But, the Steelers won, after a nail biter of a game, so you can't have everything.

I bet I will hit that 40 lb mark this week.

6 comments:

FattyMcFatPants said...

"So I checked out fatty mcfatpants, and was a little disappointed. I was expecting evil ramblings, and it seemed mostly ho hum."

I know, right? I'd expect more from me too with all the hullaballo. :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Yes, the scale can be evil sometimes! Ignore it, it will change.

Seriously, she has the time to respond to peoples comments? Weird.

Shabby Chic Mom- Susie said...

Sometimes I feel like the scascale is like shaking thathat magic 8 ball. Way to have a great attitude

Waisting Time said...

Those scales are such fickle beasts!

Big White Granny Panties said...

I have issues with doing the Scale Dance: Getting on, then swearing loudly then hopping off. Then getting on again reallyreallyquick! then swearing again, moving the scale, hopping off, getting on really slowly with arms above head. Shaking head in disgust, and getting off. I'm getting better about it though.

Your pictures are really really inspiring. My reachable goal is in the 160s. You are almost there! I'm at 205 now and sometimes wonder if I will ever make it. It also looks like you have a boy my boy's age (11). Perhaps we have much in common! Thanks for posting.

GP

Polar's Mom said...

Everyday weighing would drive me bat shit crazy-I love my sodium filled hot sauces too much for that! ;-) But I'm feeling your forty this week...

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com