About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Elusive

I came within .5 lbs of 40 lbs lost this week. How close!

Now, to some I may seem fixated on a number, but there is a fine line between letting go of number fixation, and letting go of goals.

No, 176 is not much different than 175.5. I am well aware of that. But I cannot get to 160 until I get to 175.5. I would actually like to be less than 160, but that is more or less the weight where I believe I will be healthy, based on past experience, as well as standard weight charts.

I don't expect to lose weight as fast as I did when I was 215, but I think losing 1 lb per week at this point is not unreasonable. If I get to the 150's and still want to lose 10 pounds, I would imagine .5 lbs per week would be within reason. I have really stepped up my exercise. I think it is time to tweak my diet again. I know what to do ... it is simply a decision that must be made.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Excellent! Yo are so close to that 40 marker. Have a great weekend! Michele

Polar's Mom said...

When I was having slow slow losses, everyone kept telling me a loss is a loss. Which is too true. A gain would derail my confidence, while a small loss, not ideal, doesn't build confidence but leaves it intact. Keep going, you are super close!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com