About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In for a Pound

I have officially lost 1 pound since the holidays. It is not much, but it makes me feel surprisingly good to see the scale go down, even if just by a little bit. And now that I am re prioritizing exercise, I am expecting better results quickly.

4 comments:

Michele said...

I am a slow loser-so often times one pound is all I see. But they add up! Next thing you know it is 10 pounds off, than 15, than 25! Slow and steady is the way for keeps!

cristie said...

one pound is all is takes to boost motivation and bring a smile. one pound may not make a huge difference to the scales but it is a big deal when it brings you one pound closer to your goal!

Keep up the good work!

Polar's Mom said...

One pound can snowball in either direction-so good thing yours was a loss-looking forward to more progress-keep it up.

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Jane said...

You must have done something right, because I know how easy it is to gain one pound and more. It will come, especially with the added exercise.