About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Insidious

Is how I describe compulsive eating.
Yes, I have let compulsive eating slip back into my life.
No, I am not downing brownies or ice cream, or potato chips. I am not gorging on huge amounts of food of any kind.
But a few nuts here, a few veggie straws there, because I am bored or frustrated add up. They added up to 215 lbs, and I do believe that they would have added up to over 300 lbs, if I had let them.
There is room in my life for treats, but there is NO room for compulsive eating.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Good job in recognizing what's going on. It's so easy to let it go until it does add up to weight gain. Stay strong!

jojo said...

Geez, you're singing my song here-- I can't believe how often I catch myself knocking back a couple of these or a handful of that...sometimes I don't even taste them or know I ate them until after the fact. I agree with Jo...kudos for honing in on what's happening.

Maude said...

Yep, when I get lax about my tracking, I find myself grabbing a little something extra more often. Awareness is key!