About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Motivation

I rarely rely on motivation for weight loss, as it is a slippery thing. Instead I rely on following a plan, whether it thrills me or bores me (mostly boring). However, every once in a while something will happen that gives me a jolt of motivation, and a rather arbitrary moment where I truly believe, "Yes, I am going to reach my goals."

176.5 on the scale yesterday was such a moment. It motivated me to skip the buffet. It will motivate me to exercise this week although going to the gym in this weather frankly sucks. And then it will fade, but I will still stick to a plan, so I can get to my next magic moment.

4 comments:

jojo said...

Major league kudos to you! I love your straightfoward, no-nonsense, get-it-done M.O. I'm glomming onto your blog now, so I missed the Hot 100 and I'm sure lots more...but I look forward to supporting one another. How much more do you want to lose? Enjoy your Sunday...jojo (onehealthynana.com)

Deb said...

I hang onto those moments! When you look for them, you see them more as well. Good for you!

Shabby Chic Mom- Susie said...

Enjoy your motivation ;) you're doing awesome

Maude said...

Great call out. Planning, planning, and plan some more. Motivational moments are great, but unreliable. They can give you a great boost sometimes though!