About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Perspective, water.org, and What I Don't See

Although I am not where I hoped I would be at this date, I have lost 3 lbs in January, which for my most hated month of the year, is not bad.

Also, here is what I don't see on the scale anymore, and plan to never see again.

Numbers beginning with the digits

21
20
19
18

In the category of "Perspective" :
I have made significant positive changes to my diet (including lowering calories, increasing protein and decreasing sugar). 2 things I have left to conquer are increasing water intake and eating more veggies. I have tried every trick in the book to drink more water and simply failed through lack of will.

I have finally made progress in this area.
This week I received my water bottle from water.org.




Who am I to be too lazy to drink water, when there are people in the world who cannot access clean drinking water for their children? I am now drinking more water. I am not tracking it yet, and may never track the ounces, but I carry this bottle with me all day.

Enjoy your weekend, all!

5 comments:

jojo said...

I love this post! Reframing your month of January's successes so far beyond the scale's feedback is brilliant-- I especially like the list of "numbers beginning with" that you will no longer see. I hope the water.org bottle helps with you intake-- keep us posted.

jojo www.onehealthynana.com

Jo said...

I love the "numbers beginning with" also. It puts another perspective on things. Hmmm...

birchgirl said...

Thanks, jojo jo :)

Erin Swanson said...

Caught wind of your post! Thank you so much for sharing your reflection and compassion for those in need of safe water. We truly appreciate your support, help in spreading the word, and willingness to take action to make a difference in this world.

Job well done, and the best of luck! :D We're rooting for you!

Erin Swanson
Water.org

jensi said...

I love the "numbers beginning with" also. It puts another perspective on things. Hmmm...
http:www//z4site.com