About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Restaurant Survival

Well I escaped the restaurant scene without succumbing to the tortelloni. My friend and I shared lemon rosemary chicken. It was good, and I was able to look up the calories online.

I don't expect weight loss to be constant, especially now when I am overweight, not obese. However, I am concerned with mojo loss. If I go 4 weeks in Dec/Jan, and maintain, don't lose, I can live with that. But I want to make sure 4 weeks doesn't turn into 14 weeks, and then 40 weeks. For the first time in awhile on this journey I am feeling a little nervous. I know what the antidote is, I just have to do it.

3 comments:

cristie said...

Hello. I am just joining your blog and have not had time to go back and read all the previous entries. What kind of exercising are you doing or did you do when you began. I am primarily sticking with cardio.

Good luck and keep trying. :)

Polar's Mom said...

Good for you on the tortelloni avoidance! Yeah, losing mojo is tough, but you are right, the best mojo builder is sucking it up and busting a move-then the feeling perpetuates and feeds itself.

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

135by2012 said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday and sending some well wishes. :) Congratulations on your success so far. I can also totally relate to your comment about mojo loss. It has been a while since I posted a loss, but luckily, it hasn't effected my mojo yet. I know if I keep stalling though, I may be singing a different tune.
Patty