About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Waffles, Not Just for Breakfast Anymore

So, my post New Years weight loss and fitness efforts have been an exercise in waffling. Whatever the reason ... bad habits left over from the holidays, the way January makes me want to curl up in a ball until March, sheer boredom with the weight loss thing after losing almost 40 lbs .... it is time to buckle down.

Yesterday, I had a good exercise day for the first time in awhile. I walked outside, and even with the cold worked up a good sweat. Later in the grocery store, sleepiness overtook me ... love that feeling after being out in the cold!

Today my challenge is dinner out with a friend. I will have enough calories left for a relatively healthy dinner. My mantra all day will be "Do NOT order the tortelloni".

When I have reached my weight loss goal range, there will be opportunities to eat tortelloni. I can wait.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Good job on planning ahead and focusing on your dinner out. Enjoy!

Polar's Mom said...

I think a challenge a day is pretty good to keep interest and stay at working on losing...good luck!


Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Michele said...

Stay strong and adhere to your mantra! I gave you an award today. Check it out on my blog. Take care! Michele

Maude said...

Weight loss has it's ebbs and flows like everything else - it's really hard to be "on" and focused all the time. It sounds like you're ready to get back into the flow!