About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fanatic

Superbowl Sunday is here, and I am living in a Black & Gold world.

Here is a picture of our Superbowl food tradition, a muffaletta, which is the iconic sandwich of our adopted state of the 90's, Louisiana.




I make the bread, homemade, and we buy the best meats at a local Italian deli. This sandwich is so loaded with fat and calories and sodium, it isn't even funny.
This year I will have one bite, and whatever my husband doesn't eat, he will take to work with him.

Some snacks I will have : Shrimp; homemade hummus; baba ghanouj; pita; a couple of pieces of cheese; veggie straws; veggies. No booze! I had my limit this weekend. I will indulge in a Diet Coke.


Other items on my daily menu include : chai tea protein smoothie; 1 egg with whole grain bagel; cottage cheese. A shitload of water.

Enjoy your Sunday, whether it includes football or not!

No comments: