About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Slowly

But surely, I am getting closer to "normal" weight.
Today I weighed in at 174.5 lbs. It feels good to bust under 175, and get to 41 lbs lost.

I really need to build up my sleep though ...

this week I have a) lost my gym card, b) forgotten my sparring gear at karate, c) forgotten my purse last night at kids' piano lessons. I didn't even realize it until they called me and I had to drive back, with kids, at 9 pm, to get it. and d) forgotten my purse in my car this morning at work. Thank God for keyless entry, which I insist upon in a vehicle so I can never get locked out.

I am telling myself I am just tired and stressed (which I am) and not entering early senility.

2 comments:

Shabby Chic Mom- Susie said...

41lbs is amazing. You sure have been forgetful lol. Hope you get a good nights sleep

135by2012 said...

Congrats at being under 175, which is a long term goal of mine. As for the lack of sleep/forgetfullness I am right there with you. I have been feeling like a zombie for the past week with barely any sleep. I hope you can get some rest over the weekend.