About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thirsty

A few days ago I posted about increasing my water intake as a result of purchasing a bottle from water.org. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a post on my blog from someone who works at water.org, thanking me!

I am pretty sure the water bottle is not magic, but all of a sudden I am noticing how thirsty I am for water. I am guessing I have always have been and just ignored it. Certainly a change for the better, and very much welcome.

I will need all the water I can get today, because I have eaten far more sodium than I should have over the past 48 hours. I have a plan for some healthy snacks for tomorrow night, as I cheer the Steelers on. By Monday weigh in I hope to be all "flushed out".

4 comments:

AlmostGastricBypass said...

Let me get this straight.. When you drink less than 90 ounces of fluids per day you are thirsty ? Sounds like you are getting very healthy..Nice

Shabby Chic Mom- Susie said...

I find having a cute/ cool water bottke helps me drink more too

jojo said...

There is something refreshing and cleansing about water. I've been trying to visualize things to motivate me more-- I'm trying to picture the food I eat warming and fueling me....replenishing my cells and keeping me healthy...and the water I drink flushing out toxins and keeping me hydrated and healthy. I started doing this after I read your post about water.org, mentioning that you were grateful for clean water when so many poor countries don't have it. Thanks for the new perspective.

birchgirl said...

I am embarrassed it took me so long to pick up a habit that is so much of no brainer. A year ago my only liquids were coffee and wine!